• The NFS service now properly allows access to files and folders that have an Access Control List including the "everyone" group.
• The SMB service will no longer stop working when it encounters an Access Control Entry with an unknown UUID.
• Server Admin can now enable Strict Locking for the SMB file service.
• Resolves an issue that could cause slow Wiki and Blog performance accompanied by messages in the system.log: "DirectoryService: Potential VM growth in DirectoryService..."
• Improved Wiki, Blog and Podcast compatibility with Safari and iTunes on iPhone and iPod Touch.
• Improved Wiki performance on Wiki servers connected to an external directory system.
• Active Directory users can now create their weblog directly from the /users webpage, if the Wiki server is configured for clear-text authentication, as described in this article.
• Resolves issues between the iChat service and the Adium instant messaging client.
• Correctly authenticates iChat connections when using Kerberos authentication and Service Access Control Lists (SACLs).
• Improves Calendar service performance for iCal users.
• Improves reliability of Directory Services for NetBoot and DHCP services.
• When Mac OS X Server is configured as a Primary Domain Controller for the SMB service, Open Directory groups now correctly appear as domain groups instead of local groups.
• Mac OS X Server configured as a Backup Domain Controller will now correctly take over authentication if the Primary Domain Controller goes off line. Note: the Backup Domain Controller must have guest access enabled for the SMB service.
Active Directory Plugin
• Resolves issues binding or authenticating to an Active Directory domain when packet signing and encryption are enabled.
• Improves reliability of the "Prefer this domain server" option when binding to an Active Directory domain.
• Reduces the delay when authenticating to an Active Directory-based mobile account when the Active Directory Domain Controller is not accesible.
• Improves reliability of binding to a multi-level Active Directory domain.
• Reduces delays when authenticating as an Active Directory user in an Active Directory domain whose name ends in ".local".
• Resolves an issue in Ruby that prevented posting podcasts to iTunes U.
• Improves reliability of sshd, which handles incoming ssh (remote login) connections.
• Addresses a potential kernel panic when performing Time Machine backups to a RAID volume that is connected via a hardware RAID PCI Card to an Xserve or Mac Pro.
• Includes the WebObjects 5.4.3 Update.
• Server Admin can now correctly enable and show the status of RADIUS or Kerberos authentication for the PPTP VPN service. Note: For more information about enabling • Kerberos authentication for PPTP, see this article.
• RADIUS service now reliably displays the primary IP address for 802.11n-enabled AirPort Base Stations.
• Server Admin can now sort by Value in the Zones tab of the DNS service.
System Image Utility
• Fixes issues with certain options in the Apply System Configuration Settings action, including "Change ByHost settings", "Apply Computer Name and Local Hostname", and "Map clients to other directory servers".
• The Add Packages and Post-Install Scripts action now works correctly when creating a NetInstall image from a volume.
• Improves browsing, adding, and removing computers to or from a computer group.
• Improves reliability of server status displayed in Directory Utility.
• Improved reliability of rebuilding a software mirror RAID volume.