Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

SATA 2.5" Firewire HD enclosure?

Tråden skapades och har fått 7 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .
  • Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-05-22 12:41

I'm going to be buying a MacBook during the next few days and am wondering about where to buy an external Firewire HD enclosure that is compatible with the MacBook's SATA 2.5" HD.

It would be great to have a small, Firewire-powered hard drive as a portable backup device. Any advice would be much appreciated and don't hesitate to answer in Swedish!

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-05-22 12:45

any pc/mac reseller should have plenty of those.
check for example mycom.se or webhallen.com for good prices.

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-05-22 13:03

I couldn't find any enclosures on mycom's website, but webhallen had quite a few. It seems like all the 2.5" enclosures there use USB 2.0 and the enclosures are IDE/100 ones, not SATA/150. Is SATA backwards compatible? Also, if I recall correctly OS X can only load off of external Firewire drives, not USB 2.0... is this still the case with the MacBook?

• Medlem
  • Enköping
  • 2006-05-23 15:36
Ursprungligen av erick:

I'm going to be buying a MacBook during the next few days and am wondering about where to buy an external Firewire HD enclosure that is compatible with the MacBook's SATA 2.5" HD.

It would be great to have a small, Firewire-powered hard drive as a portable backup device. Any advice would be much appreciated and don't hesitate to answer in Swedish!

Komplett.se

Verkar vara ont om Firewire-enclosures för Sata/2,5.

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-05-23 15:47

Thanks a lot Matteth! Now for the million dollar question... is it possible to load into OS X from an external drive via USB 2.0 on the new Intel Macs? It would be great to use this drive as a backup OS when things go wrong.

• Medlem
  • Enköping
  • 2006-05-23 15:59
Ursprungligen av erick:

Thanks a lot Matteth! Now for the million dollar question... is it possible to load into OS X from an external drive via USB 2.0 on the new Intel Macs? It would be great to use this drive as a backup OS when things go wrong.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1705890
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=2155889

Verkar vara lite olika ....

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-05-23 16:07

Thanks for the links! Weird that one guy got it to work with his Mac Mini Core Solo (towards the bottom of the thread), but another didn't.

I guess if I can't find a firewire version I can always take my chances with the USB 2.0 one and if it doesn't work to use it as a boot drive, I could just use it to back up the stuff on my Home folder.

• Medlem
  • International user
  • 2006-05-23 17:17
Bevaka tråden