Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

lego star wars installation for several users?

Tråden skapades och har fått 3 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .
  • Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-04-24 07:16

greetings,

i have installed lego star wars as myself in a ''common area'' (where things like camino and VueScan reside). i thought it would be possible for other users to run the game. but when i let my children try they only get a looping video sequence.

presumably i need to change the permissions of a subdirectory in the bundle. but which directory? and how do i access this directory? ''open'' on the bundle only starts the game.

bengt

• Oregistrerad
  • 2006-04-24 09:46

What about installing any app into the Applications folder (not the user-specific App folder)? That way, any user can access them without any permission problems. Also, are you users "limited" users? If they are you should check what specific privileges they have to make sure they are aloud to run the game.

To look inside app bundles, just right-click on the icon of your app and choose "view" or "open package". But you should not need to do this; I would not change anything inside packages if I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm doing.

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-04-24 22:21

Jag ber om ursäkt för att mitt inlägg skrevs på engelska. jag hade inte tillgång till ett svenskt tangentbord.

Ursprungligen av elsevero:

What about installing any app into the Applications folder (not the user-specific App folder)? That way, any user can access them without any permission problems.

Jag har en systempartition som jag formaterar vid nyinstallationer av mac-osx. om jag placerar lego star wars där försvinner det och alla sparade spel.
det directory som innehåller gemensamma program ligger på en annan partition, tillsammans med användarna.

hur skulle det vara skillnad om jag installerade lego star wars i /Program, jämfört med den nuvarande installationen (/Användare/Program)?

Also, are you users "limited" users? If they are you should check what specific privileges they have to make sure they are aloud to run the game.

De är inte ''limited''.
Programmet startar, men sedan fungerar det inte korrekt. Jag antar att problemet ligger i att läsa/skriva ett directory/en fil. Om jag visste vilket/vilken skulle jag kunna ändra rättigheterna.

To look inside app bundles, just right-click on the icon of your app and choose "view" or "open package". But you should not need to do this; I would not change anything inside packages if I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm doing.

Tack. Det fungerade. Men jag hittade inget som verkade vara speldata (sparade banor och poäng, etc).

bengt

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2006-04-27 07:42

my apologies, i am back at the english keyboard.

1 the game saves home directory of the user that is running it. in Documents/LEGO Star Wars/*
2 if i change the owner of the game bundle (all files), then only this new owner can play the game.

a possible solution would be to have a intermediate program changing the owner of the game to the user currently wanting to play, and then start the game.
another alternative is to create a user that everybody would have to login as, in order to play the game. since there is no way to identify the person logged in, it would be a good idea to restrict what this user can do.

bengt

Bevaka tråden