Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

visualbasic

Tråden skapades och har fått 13 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .

Jag håller på och läser Visualbasic programmering på skolan.
Jag använder då sorgligt buggiga pc:s

Jag undrar..
Finns det något liknande program för mac där man kan använda samma
sorts kod.
jag menar så att man inte måste lära om helt om man ska börja programmera på macen?

RealBasic är vad jag förstår väldigt likt. Till och med Microsoft skeppar med RB i Office för X.

RealBasic

Realbasic är mycket enkelt, själv byggde jag mitt första färdiga program på 15 minuter (ett IP kollar program). Ett chatprogram tillverkade jag på några timmar. Det är mycket enkelt, men inte skapar det kompakta eller snabba program direkt...

om det är så lika kan man då använda samma
namngivning av objekt och samma kod som
i visualbasic?

Nej, det skiljer en del.

Kolla om det finns några jämförande sajter på nätet.

Nja, du kan faktiskt använda en hel del VB kod i RB.. Läs på Reals hemsida..

Tack för era hjäkpsamma svar.
Nu ska jag ta och ladda ner RealBasic till macen
så fort jag kommer hem.

Citat:

Skapades ursprungligen av: Gottfrid:
Nu ska jag ta och ladda ner RealBasic till macen så fort jag kommer hem.

Vaför då ? Det finns ju installerat när du installerar MacOS X - titta i mappen för Applikationer - även du bör redan ha det.

[ 27 Februari 2002: Meddelandet ändrat av: Olle Jonsson ]

• Medlem
  • Stockholm
  • 2002-02-27 11:16
Citat:

Skapades ursprungligen av: Olle Jonsson:
Vaför då ? Det finns ju installerat när du installerar MacOS X - titta i mappen för Applikationer - även du bör redan ha det.

RealBasic ingår inte i MacOS X standard. Om du har de i mappen applikationer så är det du själv som lagt in det. Det ingår inte ens i Dev Tools..

/glemme

Citat:

Skapades ursprungligen av: glemme:
RealBasic ingår inte i MacOS X standard. Om du har de i mappen applikationer så är det du själv som lagt in det. Det ingår inte ens i Dev Tools..

Nej du Glemme - Det kanske låter som att jag ljuger men varken jag eller någon annan har installerat detta på min Powerbook 550 - nog för att det finns en del som inte borde finnas på min mac men RealBasic skulle jag inte ens tänka på att leta efter. Min CD för svenska MacOSX och Powerbook 550 innehöllt förmodligen detta, har sedan bara uppdaterat via nätet. För max 2 veckor sedan så formaterade jag Powerbooken och mitt närminne funkar i alla fall under en så kort period så jag är inte skyldig till att ha installerat den. Dev-CD har jag inte beställt hem. För den som vill veta mer så följer här HELA ReadMe filen:

About REALbasic® 3.5.1
September 14, 2001

REALbasic 3.5.1 is a free update to version 3.5. It addresses issues with versions of the Mac OS subsequent to Mac OS X 10.0.4, RbScript, Rb3D, Win32, the DataControl and Data Aware controls, database access, and more. Please see the REALbasic 3.5.1 release notes for more details.

REALbasic 3.5 is an exciting new version, it’s definitely the best version of REALbasic ever (that’s our goal for every release).

What’s New in REALbasic 3.5:
Microsoft Office Automation: opens a new arena for REALbasic developers to create custom solutions. It provides access to every aspect of Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows, and Office v.X for Mac OS X for creating and modifying Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents and components.

RbScript: Think of it as a REALbasic Virtual Machine inside every REALbasic application. Easily create flexible applications, such as spreadsheets with the ability to write custom formulas, web servers with CGI’s, and more!

3D engine: Rb3D is arguably the easiest way to program cross-platform 3D graphics for games, visualization tools, graphs, and much more. Supports Macintosh, Mac OS X, and Windows.

Regular Expression engine: provides industry-standard text manipulation (compatible with PERL syntax).

DataControl: makes using REALbasic’s database features even easier, with navigation and data display functions built in. Create a fully functional front-end to any database* in minutes.

Microsoft Windows XP: REALbasic 3.5 uses Windows XP native controls for the applications it compiles for that platform.

FolderItem dialog: applications you create now have more sophisticated open and save dialogs.

The Tips Window: appears to provide suggestions, insights into syntax, and more

*Limited, of course, to those we support or that others provide REALbasic plug-ins for.

Read the release notes for more details.

Important note: REALbasic 3.5 uses new registration. If you have a REALbasic 3 license, REALbasic should find your REALbasic 3 it, and you will need a REALbasic 3.5 upgrade serial number. Otherwise, REALbasic will run in demo mode, which allows compiling. Applications compiled while REALbasic is in demo mode run for only five minutes at a time and expire after thirty days. Database access is limited to fifty rows of data.

Installing REALbasic:
Simply drag the folder to your computer´s hard drive.

Note:
The Carbon version runs in both Mac OS X and previous releases of the Mac OS that support the CarbonLib. CarbonLib 1.2.5 is recommended. However, this version is primarily focused at users of Mac OS X 10.0 and newer. If you are not using Mac OS X, consider using one of the other versions of REALbasic 3.5.

Other Notes
REALbasic projects saved in REALbasic 3 format will not open in previous versions of REALbasic, but you can save projects in the older format. See the “Converting Projects to REALbasic 3” and “New File Format” documents for more details.

If you have problems compiling, increase the amount of memory assigned to REALbasic. This does not apply to Mac OS X (yay!).

Some plug-ins that worked in previous versions of REALbasic may not work in REALbasic 3.5. Please contact the plug-in vendor for an update.

Get the latest news about REALbasic 3.5 @ <http://www.realbasic.com/realbasic>

REALbasic is the powerful, easy-to-use tool for creating your own software for Macintosh, Mac OS X, and Windows.

The primary features of REALbasic are:
• Object-oriented implementation of the BASIC language with automatic memory management;
• High level support for platform-native GUI elements;
• Fully integrated visual development/debugging environment;
• Development is supported on both 68k and PowerPC Macintoshes, running native on both
platforms and any version of the Mac OS from 7.6.1 through Mac OS X 10.x
• Build stand alone, royalty-free applications for 68k, Power Macintosh (including Fat applications), Mac OS X and
Windows 95/98/Me & NT/2000/XP*
• Built-in single-user, SQL database engine*
• Database connectivity to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, 4D Server, PostgreSQL, OpenBase, Dtf SQL
and any ODBC-compliant database engine*
• Supports Hypercard´s XCMDs and XFCNs
• Supports AppleScript and AppleEvents
• Supports QuickTime
• Sprite engine for picture animation
•  >32K styled text edit fields
• Hierarchical multi-column list boxes
• True Macintosh drag and drop support
• Multi-threading
• Native REALbasic Plug-ins

Standard and Professional Editions
REALbasic version 3.5 comes in two editions: Standard and Professional. The Professional edition has all the features of the Standard edition but also includes a Windows compiler, a single-user database engine and database connectivity to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, 4D Server, PostgreSQL, OpenBase, Dtf SQL or any ODBC-compliant database engine. You can purchase the Standard edition and then upgrade to the Professional edition at any time. The Standard edition supports those features in “demo” mode so you can try them before buying.

Microsoft Office Automation Plug-ins
Microsoft Office Automation allows you to use REALbasic to create and modify Microsoft Office documents on the Macintosh, Mac OS X, and Windows. To use the Office Automation features, move the Office Automation plug-ins from the Office Automation Plug-ins folder into the “plugins” folder. Installing the Office Automation plug-ins dramatically increases REALbasic’s memory requirements. Read the Known Issues document for more on using this feature.
<http://www.realbasic.com/download/release.htm...>

Database Plug-ins
REALbasic’s database plug-ins are no longer internal to the REALbasic application and are now external. To use the database features of REALbasic Professional Edition, move the database plug-ins from the Database Plug-ins folder into the “plugins” folder. Having the plug-ins be external will allow us to update them separately.
<http://www.realbasic.com/download/release.htm...>

Documentation
While the REALbasic CD includes electronic documentation in PDF format, you can also order printed documentation from our website. The PDF version requires Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be obtained from Adobe’s website.

System Requirements
Macintosh Computer running System 7.6.1 or later, 68020 or PowerPC Processor, 4.5 megabytes of available memory (with Virtual Memory on), and a hard disk with 6.5 megabytes of free space.

Give REALbasic to your friends
Without a serial number, REALbasic becomes a 30 day trial version. This means you can give copies of REALbasic to whomever you want (and we encourage you to do so) provided you don´t give them your serial number.

Lots of REALbasic Examples
There are numerous examples (complete with source code) on our CD, on our ftp site <ftp://ftp.realsoftware.com>, and listed on the Made with REALbasic pages <http://www.realbasic.com/learn/resources/exam...>. The REALbasic CD contains over 150 megabytes of example applications complete with source code. You can also purchase the CD for $9.95 plus shipping by phone or by fax. You do not need to purchase a serial number to purchase the CD or documentation. You only need to purchase a serial number to use REALbasic beyond the 30 day trial period.

REALbasic 3.5 Updates
We update REALbasic frequently to provide improved performance and new features. You can check for updates to REALbasic at our web site at <http://www.realbasic.com/realbasic/news>.

Get support for REALbasic
Visit our support page at <http://www.realbasic.com/support/> or contact support via email <mailto:[email protected]>.

Made with REALbasic Program
REAL Software provides a list of applications Made with REALbasic, resources that enhance REALbasic (including plug-ins, examples, tutorials, custom classes and more) on the Made with REALbasic pages: <http://www.realbasic.com/realbasic/mwrb.html>

REAL Software will help you promote the software you create! Join the Made with REALbasic program!
<http://www.realbasic.com/realbasic/mwrb/Partn...>

REALbasic 3 alphas and betas
REAL Software provides open alphas and betas. As we begin developing the next version of REALbasic, we allow any one to access it. Learn more at: <http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/prerele...>.

You can also contact us at:
REAL Software, Inc.
PMB 220
3300 Bee Caves Road
Suite 650
Austin, Texas 78746
512-263-1233 (voice)
512-263-1441 (fax)
[email protected] (email) www.realsoftware.com

REALbasic is ©1997-2001 REAL Software, Inc.
REALbasic is a registered trademark of REAL Software, Inc.

* The Standard Edition creates demo versions of Windows applications and can concurrently access up to 50 records in the REALbasic database. The Professional edition creates unlimited Windows applications and supports the other databases, with unlimited access to the REALbasic database.

Citat:

Skapades ursprungligen av: Olle Jonsson:
Nej du Glemme.

Vi tvivlar...
Jag har inte hört om nån annan som har det.

Detär inte så att du installerade Office X. Då den finns med där.

Den finns INTE med på Dev CDn eller någon annan Apple CD. Garanterat.

ehh har tagit och ladddat ner realbasic nu.
men intfunktionen som finns i vb verkar inte finnas i RB.
VAd ska jag göra?
obs jag använder inte int till att avrunda då detta tydligen sker automatiskt i RB. Jag använder int till Variant strängar typ
data(1)
data(2)
osv

Vad gör int funktionen

Bevaka tråden