Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

MPC7448 (första e600 "G4an") visad

Tråden skapades och har fått 6 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .
  • Medlem
  • Örebro
  • 2005-06-22 23:23

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/display.jsp?nodeId=093623&filePath=/media_center/news_releases/2005/ncsg/06-20-05_MPC7448.html&title=News%20Release&tid=FSH

"The MPC7448 processor, based on Freescale’s e600 PowerPC core, is expected to offer speeds from 600 MHz to 1.7 GHz with the system bus running up to 200 MHz. The MPC7448 is the first product in the MPC74xx family to use Freescale’s 90 nanometer (nm) silicon-on-insulator (SOI) CMOS process, which significantly increases clock and bus speeds with substantial power reductions. The cool MPC7448 offers GHz-class performance at less than 10 Watts"

"With its improved AltiVec throughput, 1MB L2 cache, and low-power characteristics"

"The HPC II platform is sampling now and is being demonstrated at Freescale Technology Forum through June 23. HPC II hardware design files are available today with general platform availability planned for October 2005."

"Compatibility: Dual Core PowerPC Processor and Beyond

The MPC7448 is a seamless step up in performance that demonstrates Freescale’s continued commitment to developing compatible high-performance PowerPC processors for the embedded market. It is also a stepping stone to the MPC8641D dual-core processor based on the same e600 PowerPC core.

The MPC7448 and MPC8641D share many architectural similarities that make them highly compatible, including support for asymmetric and symmetric multiprocessing, identical 32KB L1 cache and 1MB L2 cache, and identical AltiVec technology attributes and performance. The same customer application binary code can run on the MPC7448 and MPC8641D. Freescale’s high-performance PowerPC product roadmap will continue to see innovations in performance per watt and multi-processing architectures.

Availability, Pricing and Packaging

The MPC7448 has been sampling since February 2005 and is planned to be in full production in October 2005. The MPC7448 running at 1 GHz is offered at a suggested retail price of US$100 for 10K volume quantities. Please consult with a Freescale sales representative for pricing at other speeds and quantities. MPC7448 comes in two package options: HiCTE Land Grid Array (LGA) package and HiCTE ceramic Ball Grid Array (BGA) package – both of which are Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant."

• Medlem
  • Örebro
  • 2005-06-22 23:37

Och från ANN.lu:
http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?view=1119362994&category=news&start=1&13

"It seems 7448 goes to 1.7Ghz.
(and it's 10W @ 1.4Ghz)"

"and also that they aren't very sensitive to heat (I think Freescale specify the reliability to at least 10 years at 105°C), which makes them quite easy to cool down, no fancy stuff needed! As Freescale say in the press release, the 7448 will be able to run completely fanless at GHz+ speeds!"

Vad tycker Jobs nu då?

De här blir fint. In me den i PB o fixa 12" wide screen, sen köper jag en. 13" blir de kanske.

Onekligen lovande att de får upp buss-frekvensen, men ska jag göra en gissning står den sig nog ändå rätt slätt mot nya Centrino. Om inte annat så för att ingen annan har så mycket pengar att investera i en arkitektur enbart för laptop-datorer.

• Medlem
  • Örebro
  • 2005-06-23 02:42
Ursprungligen av pellemell:

Onekligen lovande att de får upp buss-frekvensen, men ska jag göra en gissning står den sig nog ändå rätt slätt mot nya Centrino. Om inte annat så för att ingen annan har så mycket pengar att investera i en arkitektur enbart för laptop-datorer.

Fast fram tills för en månad sedan så hade väl flertalet av er hellre tagit en powerbook än en centrino från dell? (vilket visserligen beror på oset till största delen antar jag men ändå). Tror man klarar sig rätt långt prestandamässigt med en 1.7ghz cpu med, om den sedan drar typ 15watt eller så desto bättre
(om den dessutom finns i dual-core variant så ännu bättre).

Vad gäller bussfrekvensen antar jag att man menar det intel antagligen skulle kalla 800MHz? Dvs 200mhz quadpumpad buss? För DDR2 överför väl 4ggr/Hz?

"No kidding! But, what will probably be our biggest seller ever will feature this instead of the Discovery III with the 7448. It will support the dual core. We are working on that now too. Plus, there is more! OK, enough for now...wait until the Freescale Technology Forum ! :-D", http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3515&forum=2, this är det där chipsetet.

• Medlem
  • Örebro
  • 2005-06-23 02:40

Chipsetet/ett chipset för den heter Tsi108 och kommer från Tundra Semiconductor Corporation, det är tänkt att finnas i september 2005 och stödjer "dual cpus", menar de verkligen två eller dual-core varianten? 200MHz fsb, 133MHz PCI-X, gigabit ethernet, PCI-express, RapidIO.

Mer här:
http://www.ppcnux.de/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5302

och här:
http://www.tundra.com/NewsRoom/PressReleases/2005/pr_06_16_05A.cfm

Bevaka tråden