Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

Engadget: iPhone, Leopard försenade - Apple: Inte då

Tråden skapades och har fått 13 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .

Engadget påstod att en källa de litar på säger att både iPhone och Leopard är försenade:

This one doesn't bode well for Mac fans and the iPhone-hopeful: we have it on authority that as of today, the iPhone launch is being pushed back from June to... October (!), and Leopard is again seeing a delay, this time being pushed all the way back to January. Of 2008. The latest WWDC Leopard beta will still be handed out, but it looks like Apple-quality takes time, and we're sure Jobs would remind everyone that it's not always about "writing a check", but just how much time are these two products really going to take?

De har dock redan fått uppdatera sin artikel med svar från Apple själva:

Update: While our source that provided us the information is solid, we just heard back from Apple PR -- they let us know that the iPhone and Leopard are both still on track, and should meet their expected launch timeframes. We'll keep you up to the second with any further developments.

arn på MacRumors säger att de inte hört någonting som skulle beskräfta detta rykte och med Apples svar dessutom så känns det hela som falskt alarm. Men gissa om de fått mycket trafik till hemsidan under tiden?

Om nån fortfarande misstänker att det skulle vara sant:

Ars Technica: Don't believe everything you hear: iPhone and Leopard NOT delayed

Det var ett internt memo som gick ut i morse till Apples anställda som sa att Leopard och iPhone var försenade. Men det var en bluff som inte Apple låg bakom, enligt en uppföjning från Apple:

You may have received what appeared to be a Bullet*News from Apple. This communication is fake and did not come from Apple. Apple is on track to ship iPhone in late June and Mac OS X Leopard in October.

Antingen hade någon väldigt kul eller så jagar dom läckor hos Apple

"You may have received..." tyder kanske på läckjagande.... Fy tusan vad mycket tid och pengar de måste lägga på att bevara hemligheter på Apple.

Ja mycket tid och pengar men med tanke på marknadsföringsvärdet i att hålla saker hemliga för att sedan slå på stortrumman så lär detta sätt ändå vara betydligt billigare och mer tidsbesparande än att satsa pengar på marknadsföring.

Uppenbarligen fanns det folk som både tjänade och förlorade pengar på den här kortlivade händelsen:

It took only seven minutes for Apple to fall to its intraday low of $103.42 from $108.83. Apple was trading below $105 for only two minutes, but in those two minutes more than 2.2 million shares were traded.

In the volatile 23 minutes of turmoil between the minute the disinformation hit the stock market at 8:55 PST and Apple’s announcement that the initial email “is fake and did not come from Apple,” nearly 15 million shares changed hands. That’s 60% of Apple’s normal volume in well under a half hour. That’s also an awful lot money lost for some investors - and gained for others - all of it because of a lie.

Läs hela: (Apple) Stock Hacking & the power of DisInformaton

[via [url="http://daringfireball.net/linked/2007/may#wed..."]DF[/url]]

Ursprungligen av Adrian B:

In the volatile 23 minutes of turmoil between the minute the disinformation hit the stock market at 8:55 PST and Apple’s announcement that the initial email “is fake and did not come from Apple,” nearly 15 million shares changed hands. That’s 60% of Apple’s normal volume in well under a half hour. That’s also an awful lot money lost for some investors - and gained for others - all of it because of a lie.

Det där är jäkligt intressant... Fult sätt att tjäna pengar på, men uppenbarligen funkar det finfint!

Det var inga små summor det handlade om:

Pity the poor investor who sold Apple shares at $103.42 per share, today, after reading a blog report on delays to the iPhone. The rumor, posted to AOL's Engadget gadget site early this morning, briefly knocked $4bn off Apple's market value.

Fyra miljarder dollar! Läs mer här: Gullible blog wipes $4bn off Apple

Daring Fireball döper därför Engadget till "Jackass of the week" men konstaterar samtidigt att det hela är lite skumt:

There is some intrigue, though: the bogus email was sent through Apple’s internal email-to-every-employee system. Just a prank, or part of scheme to profit from the false news?

På Apple egen sida fanns det ett "statement" den 12 april. Det är nu borttaget. Här sparat för eftervärlden.

Citat:

Apple Statement

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can’t wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price — we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones. [Apr 12, 2007="2007"]

Ursprungligen av Kenneth Pilo:

På Apple egen sida fanns det ett "statement" den 12 april. Det är nu borttaget. Här sparat för eftervärlden.

Japp, den där är äkta, Leopard försenas från juni till oktober. Men detta falska rykte som denna tråd handlar om gjorde gällande att iPhone skulle försenas till i höst och att Leopard skulle försenas ytterligare, till januari 2008.

/M

Ursprungligen av Martin Belak:

Japp, den där är äkta, Leopard försenas från juni till oktober. Men detta falska rykte som denna tråd handlar om gjorde gällande att iPhone skulle försenas till i höst och att Leopard skulle försenas ytterligare, till januari 2008.

Sorry, jag läste för slarvigt. Det var ju för övrigt du som hittade länken Tycker ändå att det är konstigt att de tagit bort den från sitt arkiv.

Det är dags att vakna upp och inse vilken stor massmedial makt nyhetssajterna och bloggarna har fått i teknikvärlden. Det skriv så enormt mycket falsk dynga som inte lever upp till de mest grundläggande krav på journalistisk integritet.

Apple har startat en egen intern utredning för att ta reda på hur det falska interna meddelandet kom till, enligt MacRumors:

A fake email was indeed sent to an internal email Apple distribution list as described. The source of the fake email is unknown, but an internal investigation has been launched at Apple to seek out this individual. There is speculation that the author of the email was an ex-Apple employee.

Chuq Von Rospach som skrivit själva listserverprogramvaran för Apple uttalar sig i ämnet:

Well, I wrote the listserver used to distribute groups internal to Apple, so I can comment on this (a bit). The easy answer is "hell, no, Apple's not an idiot". But that doesn't mean the server can't be spoofed; any email system can be spoofed if you understand email and study the system. Someone here clearly did. It's even somewhat possible that the message originated offsite (depending on how the list was configured), but one thing I can guarantee -- wherever it originated, there was someone on the inside of the company who put time and energy into understanding how to spoof the system to make this work.

[via [URL="http://daringfireball.net/linked/2007/may#tue..."]DF[/URL]]

John Gruber har lite mer att säga i ämnet:

I got a surprising (to me, at least) amount of email regarding my calling Engadget’s Ryan Block a jackass for his post on the bogus “iPhone and Leopard are both delayed” email. The question on many readers’ minds is how Block could have known, or even suspected, that the email was fake.

Easy: Because there was no actual press release from Apple.

[...]

Apple cannot release news like this internally before issuing a public statement. It’s not just good manners, it’s the law. (And if it had been true, they almost certainly would have had to admit these delays during their shareholders meeting May 10.)

Läs vidare: Enjackass

Bevaka tråden